Lumenera’s INFINITY3-1UR microscopy camera has been reengineered to offer exceptional dynamic range, read noise and dark current noise. This uncooled camera's performance and price make it an ideal solution for moderate fluorescence applications.
This product raises the bar for performance in an uncooled ICX285 sensor-based camera. Lumenera has developed a unique noise reduction technology that includes high grade components, low noise electronics and improved thermal management techniques. The combination of these efforts has resulted in the INFINITY3-1UR, the second research-grade camera unveiled by Lumenera with core technologies that are shared across the product line.
Superior Sensitivity and Color Reproduction:
Equipped with a high quality Sony ICX285 CCD sensor, the INFINITY3-1UR has the unmatched light sensitivity needed for low light applications. Superior performance is achieved through low noise electronics, high grade components and Lumenera’s unique thermal management techniques. With an extremely high dynamic range and large 6.45 µm square pixels, this camera is an excellent choice for light-challenged applications.
Full Image Analysis Software Included:
The INFINITY3-1UR includes INFINITY ANALYZE software for advanced camera control, image processing, measuring and annotation, and INFINITY CAPTURE, an intuitive user interface which includes all of the basic features needed to control your INFINITY camera and capture images. Both color and monochrome product models are available. Camera and software combine to create a complete microscopy imaging solution for your application.
Third-Party Software Integration:
INFINITY cameras are integrated into a variety of third-party software packages through direct drivers or with TWAIN/DirectX support. A Mac camera driver and ImageJ plug-in are available for the INFINITY3-1UR. On-board memory buffering is included to guarantee image delivery to host computer. The INFINITY3-1UR is available in color or monochrome, as well as OEM form factors including board-level and custom enclosures.
- The low noise characteristic of the INFINITY3-1U progressive scan 1.4 megapixel CCD image sensor results in crisp color quality for the most demanding brightfield, phase contrast, and fluorescent applications including GFP, FISH, NIR, FRET, life science and geology.
- High-speed USB 2.0 (480Mbits/sec) interface eliminates a framegrabber and facilitates ease of installation on both laptop and desktop computers.
- Available in color or monochrome.
- Full color sub-windowing allows for rapid focus and scanning of samples: 15 fps at full 1392x1040 resolution.
- Select 8 & 12-bit pixel data modes.
- The RGB data captured through each pixel contains 36-bits of color image information resulting in 4096 intensity values.
- Camera control through an intuitive user TWAIN interface results in rapid image capture archiving and documentation for high throughput applications, demanding research environments and teaching facilities.
- The INFINITY3-1U has a compact design equipped with a C-mount facilitating installation on all microscope configurations including upright, inverted and stereo.
- Both custom design services and a Software Developer’s Kit (SDK) are available to help with unique design requirements and software integration.
- Software compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 and 64-bits) and Mac OS 10.6 or higher
|Image Sensor||Sony ICX285 2/3” format, 1.4 megapixel color or monochrome progressive scan CCD sensor|
|Effective Pixels||1392 X 1040, 1.4 million pixels|
|Frame Rate||15 fps at 1392x1040, increased through binning and ROI|
|Digital Output||8 and 12-bit|
|Dark Current (e-/s)||2.0 electrons / pixel / s|
|Pixel Size||6.45µm X 6.45µm|
|Full well capacity||>18,000 electrons|
|Readout Noise||8 e- rms|
|Readout Frequency||28.6 MHZ|
|Power Requirement||USB bus power, or external 5VDC - 500mA|
|Operating Temperature||0° C to +50° C|
|Operating Humidity||5%-95%, Non-condensing|
|Integration Time||2/1000 to 20 minutes|
|Auto Exposure||Automatic / Manual|
|White Balance||Automatic / Manual|
|Gain||1 to 10X programmable|
|Interface Connector||Standard USB 2.0 high-speed interface|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||3.85 x 3.5 x 2.446 inches|
|Lens Mount||C-Mount lens adapter|
|Binning Options||2x2, 3x3, 4x4|
- Fluorescent Microscopy
- Green Fluorescent Protein Applications
- Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization
- DNA Analysis
- Live Cell Imagingy
- Brightfield, Darkfield, DIC/Phase techniques
- Near IR Applications
- Histology, Pathology and Cytology
- Forensic Analysis
- Semiconductor Inspection
- Metallurgical Microscopy
- Gel Documentation
- Pentium 4, 1.3 GHz or higher
- 512 MB RAM
- 60 MB hard drive free space or more
- USB 2.0 Port
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or 7
Minimum PC Requirements:
- 600 MHz Processor
- 256 MB of SDRAM
- 20 MB hard drive free space
- USB 2.0 Port
- Windows 98 or ME with a USB 2.0 Add-in card and driver
- INFINITY3-1U digital camera for USB 2.0
- CD-ROM with INFINITY user application software
- TWAIN driver
- USB 2.0 cable